The objects of the Hillsborough Society of Optometry are:
- To advance, improve and enhance the vision care of the public
- To unite optometrists; to encourage and assist in the improvement of the art and science of optometry
- To elevate unceasingly the standards and ethics of the profession of optometry
- To protect and defend the inalienable right of every person the freedom of choice of practitioner
- To restrict the practice of optometry and any part of it to those who have been trained, qualified, and licensed to practice the profession;
- For benevolent purposes
- To maintain an active affiliation with the American Optometric Association, Inc. and the Florida Optometric Association, Inc.
President: Chung To, OD, FAAO
Vice President: Richard Weisenberger, OD, FAAO
Secretary: Megan Hueske, OD
Treasurer: Melissa Zaleski, OD
Board Member: Samuel Petro, OD
Trustees: Catherine Yaeckel, OD
If you have interest in joining HSO, please do not hesitate to approach one of the current officers. We are always looking for new, interested leaders.